6 cups of cold water
¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons of sugar OR 1/2 to 3/4 cup of honey depending on your taste.
Roll lemons to soften.
Pour juice into a two-quart glass jug. Add sweetener and water. Stir until sweetener is dissolved.
Chill at least two hours. Serve over ice cubes and garnish.
- Recipe is easily doubled.
- Garnish with fresh mint sprigs or thinly sliced lemon.
- Best results come from lemons that are at room temperature.
- If you prefer to have Lemonade with little or no pulp, skim or strain the pulp off prior to adding sweetener.
- Add more sweetener one tablespoon at a time.
- Freeze water in lemon shells to make flavoured ice cubes. Add them to your favourite beverage.
- Freeze fresh squeezed lemon juice in ice cube trays. Six lemons at a time. Bag them and they are ready to thaw when you want to make your next batch of lemonade.
Author, Photographer, Lover of Life